The library was organized in 1885 as the Kokomo Free Library. In 1905, after building a new library largely funded by Andrew Carnegie, the library was renamed the Carnegie Public Library. From the beginning, the library was governed by the Kokomo School Board, who retained authority until January 1, 1964, when the first library board was appointed. In 1958 the library's name was changed to the Kokomo Public Library. The Carnegie building served until 1965 when construction of the present main library was begun. [http://www.kokomo.lib.in.us/information/aboutLibrary.html]
[MO713] Click on the image to order a reproduction of this postcard!