[LIB9865] - The first building on the present site was a small Methodist chapel. At its inception, Woodland Library was described in the 1904 Annual Report as: “a one story colonial structure of brick, with stone trimmings, in a setting of green lawn, flowers, and shade trees.” The entrance opened into a wainscoted vestibule with a leaded glass partition. In the corridor hung Ongania’s St. Mark’s.
In 1957 the building burned down and was rebuilt to open in 1961. The new Woodland Branch is a low-slung modern one-story building.