Sunday, February 16, 2014

Library, Pelham, New Hampshire

[Z10552] In 1893, the library was set up in a corner of the Town Hall.  A library building was constructed in 1896 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the incorporation of the town and honor Pelham’s war veterans.  That one-storey brick structure was designed with a main “Memorial Room,” a book stack area, and Town Officers’ Room.  The square footage of the building was doubled in 1975 by renovating the unfinished cellar to create a Children’s Room, staff workroom and periodical storage.  The library had long-outgrown the 1896 building when the present 10,000 square-foot facility was completed in August 2003. [Website]

No comments: