Dedicated June 13, 1895, in memory of Thomas Ingalls.
The Ingalls Memorial Library was built in 1894 and dedicated in 1895. This Victorian building with its 1973 addition stands on historic ground. The original owner was Colonel Nathan Hale of Revolutionary fame. Later the Ingalls homestead and store stood on this spot. The Honorable Rodney Wallace gave the money for the first building and named it in honor of his wife’s family. [SOURCE]