Saturday, May 7, 2011

1909 Public Library, Warsaw, New York

[LIB1633] April 29, 1905- Mrs. Augustus Frank formally deeded the property at Main and Court Streets to the Town of Warsaw.
May 1904- The Library Board received its Charter from the New York State Board of Regents and the authority to build a Library.
May 14, 1905- The architect Albert Randolph Ross (1869-1948) toured the site.
June 16, 1905- The first sod was turned for construction.
May 1906- The Library opened with no formal ceremony. [Read more from the website!]

No comments: