Saturday, October 17, 2009

Phillips Free Library, Homer, NY


Homer is still using this building as a library. George Phillips, a resident of Homer, decided in 1900 to help provide the community with a library. Providing $50,000, Phillips hired Archimedes Russell, a Syracuse architect, to design the building and construction began in 1902. The building was finally finished and opened to the public in 1903. [Thanks to the Phillips Free Library]

No comments: