Old library undergoes renovations This great story out of Greenwood MS, thanks to The Greenwood Commonwealth:
The old Greenwood-Leflore Library building is in the midst of being renovated. The historical library, which is owned jointly by the city and Leflore County, is located on West Washington Street. The only Jacobethan Revival-style library in the state, it was built in 1914 with funding provided from a Carnegie Library Grant. In 1955, work was completed on an addition designed by architect R.J. Moor, which blended with the library’s original architectural style. Read the article here (includes photo).
Hats off to County and city officials for saving instead of demolishing!