[LIB2550] - The Library’s use increased, necessitating a new, more spacious building. Ground was broken in 1896 on the Library’s present location on Washington Street, and with an extraordinary gift totaling $268, 500 from Rhode Island philanthropist John Nicholas Brown, the classic Renaissance building was completed at a final cost of $387,000. It was opened in March 1900 with 93,000 volumes and 39 employees. [More at the Library Website]
University of Rhode Island Providence 1906 Vintage by markomundo
Learn how to sell art prints with Zazzle.