The structure that is now the Felton Branch Library was built as the Presbyterian Church in Felton in 1893. Constructed in a traditional, New England style the building served the Presbyterians until 1955, when a larger facility was built nearby.
The vacant building was then purchased by Nick and Faye G. Belardi with the intent of dismantling the structure and building a family home on the site. Negotiations for purchasing the building were underway when Mrs. Belardi was killed in an auto accident in August of 1955. Following Mrs. Belardi's death, Mr. Belardi offered the building and site to the community as a memorial to his wife. Renovated by March 1956, the Faye G. Belardi Memorial Library was formally opened on April 15, 1956.
The Felton Branch celebrated its 50th anniversary in April, 2006. At 116 years of age, this is the oldest branch building in the City-County Library System and is a major landmark in the town of Felton, California. [SOURCE]