Thanks to Cataloger/Archivist Pam Madden, Vogel Library, Wartburg College for this updated information:
The library was named Homuth Memorial Library in appreciation of a $100,000 gift from the Elmer E. Homuth family of Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin. The Homuth family had been friends of the college for many years as well as supporting it through their financial gifts. The architects were C. Woodburn & O’Neill of Des Moines, Iowa who were the campus architects. The library was dedicated on May 28, 1959. The cost of the building including furnishings was $293,000 and the building was approximately 17,000 square feet. It was the first time in the history of Wartburg College that the library had its own home.