Saturday, December 10, 2011

Memorial Library, Fairfield, Connecticut

[Image Courtesy of Fairfield Public Library, DiBlasi Associates]

[LIB6108] - On June 4, 1903, a new library building, situated on the corner of the Post Road and Old Post Road, was dedicated. This two-story colonial with three floors for stacks, was designed so that it could be added to gracefully, in future years. In 1950 the Library's operation was taken over by the town and the name was changed to Fairfield Public Library. Additions to the building were completed in 1930, 1959 and 1981. [Website]

No comments: