Public Library, Manchester by the Sea, Massachusetts
[LIB6302] - The building was designed by Charles F. McKim and built of New England ashlar stone. The building was dedicated in October of 1887, in three parts: the east room as the library, the west room as the headquarters for the Grand Army of the Republic, and the central hall as a war memorial to those Manchester residents who lost their lives in the Civil War. In 1927, when the last GAR veteran died, the west room was transferred to the library. As the collection and services grew, the central hall became used for the library. The only addition to the building has been the children’s room that was added in 1965. [From the website]
Still in use as a public library.