The Waupun Library Association survived until 1904 when the City of Waupun established the Waupun Public Library, making the Waupun Public Library one of only three public libraries in the state of Wisconsin that can trace a continuous line back to the city's library association (the other two libraries in this category are the Milwaukee and Madison public libraries). It was in that year that construction began on the Waupun Public Library building.
Library service continued in this building until 1968, when construction was completed and opening ceremonies conducted on the current library building. In 1998, an addition to the current building was completed to increase the amount of space for the growing collection. (The Carnegie building is now home to the Waupun Heritage Museum.) [Thanks to the Waupun Public Library!]